Thursday, July 31, 2014

Flip-Flop Foot Scrub

I've been out of town for a couple of weeks but thought I would catch up today with one of my newer favorites.  This scrub is simple to make and works great.  I've been using it for about 3 weeks at least 3-4 times a week, and I'm proud to say my heels are no longer cracked and dry and look great in my sandals and flip-flops.  This scrub is unique because it contains a cleaning agent (castile soap) in addition to the oil and salt of the scrub that not only keeps your feet soft and pretty but also cleans off the yucky, black, dirty, filmy sludge that gets all over your feet after a day of sandal wearing.  I'm giving my recipe below.  If you are not inclined to purchase all the ingredients to make this yourself, this is one of the items I sell in my Etsy store here https://www.etsy.com/listing/196345492/exfoliating-flip-flop-foot-scrub

Flip-Flop Foot Scrub (recipe amount is for 8 oz or 1 cup):
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup Epsom salt (Sugar can be used, but Epsom salt is courser and exfoliates better.)
1/4 cup liquid castile soap
8 drops lemon essential oil
4 drops peppermint essential oil
Pumice stone

Combine coconut oil and Epsom salt together.  Add castile soap and essential oils to coconut mixture, and stir until all ingredients are blended well.  Store in a glass or PET1 plastic container.  Use 3-4 times per week to daily to keep feet clean and soft particularly during summertime and sandal season.  This will work best if used along with a pumice stone.  Occasionally the coconut oil and castile soap will separate a little.  Simply give it a good stir with your finger, and you are good to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment